This workshop is open to all.
Interviewing an author can be challenging! You’ve read the book and done your research, but how do you make the interview interesting for an audience? Where do you start the conversation? How do you talk about the book without giving away the plot?
This workshop will focus on techniques for planning and conducting a single interview (with one author), but will also touch on how to conduct a panel discussion involving several authors.
We will cover:
- how to structure and focus an interview
- how to introduce the author and put them at ease
- how to prepare your questions
- how to moderate a roundtable discussion
- how to deal with questions from the audience
- and much more!
Please bring an example of an author and their book, or a topic for a roundtable discussion along with suggested participants for that discussion. The group will choose one or two examples and discuss how to best approach the topic and structure the interview.