QWF offers four full scholarships each workshop term (spring and fall) to participants who would not be able to attend without financial support.
- Applicants must live in Quebec.
- They should already have demonstrated an interest in creative writing, and have at least three pieces of writing (poetry, fiction, nonfiction, play, screenwriting, etc.) finished or in progress.
- There is no age or publication requirement.
- Applicants must submit a statement of financial need.
- Writers who are in a graduate writing program or already working with a professional editor or publisher are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Start by viewing the workshop descriptions presented at qwf.org/workshops and choose the workshop you are most interested in taking, along with a second choice.
- Contact the office at via email or call 514-933-0878 to make sure the scholarships have not already been awarded.
- Prepare a document with the following components:
- a brief text (maximum one page) explaining what writing you’ve done so far and why you want to take the particular workshop you’re applying for;
- a sample of your writing. It can be poetry, an excerpt of a short story, novel, or non-fiction, or a combination of these (maximum two pages);
- a brief (maximum 1 paragraph) statement of financial need, including approximate annual household income and number of dependents;
- your full name and the best way to contact you.