*The 2020 QWF Awards Gala will take place online on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 @ 7:00 p.m.*
As you know, this year has presented many challenges. We’re doing our best to make The 2020 QWF Awards special even though we aren’t able to gather and celebrate together at the Lion d’Or. Here’s a sneak preview of the plan:The seven short lists will be announced by video one day at a time, at 11:00 a.m. according to the following schedule:
- October 13, 11:00 a.m. – The Concordia University First Book Prize
- October 14, 11:00 a.m. – The QWF Prize for Children’s & Young Adult Literature
- October 15, 11:00 a.m. – Le prix de Traduction de la Fondation Cole
- October 16, 11:00 a.m. – The QWF Prize for Playwriting
- October 17, 11:00 a.m. – The A. M. Klein Prize for Poetry
- October 18, 11:00 a.m. – The Mavis Gallant Prize for Nonfiction
- October 19, 11:00 a.m. – The Paragraphe Hugh MacLennan Prize for Fiction
Then, on November 4, at 7:00 p.m., we will post a “Gala” video that announces the winners of those seven prizes as well as the 3Macs carte blanche Prize and the Judy Mappin Community Awards. The videos will be hosted by the talented Montreal poet and performer Deanna Smith. In addition, between the October finalists announcements and the “Gala” video, we’ll be posting videos of all of the finalists reading from their work at regular intervals. Stay tuned to our website and our social media channels for more details about these videos.
We hope you are able to “join us” and watch as the finalists and winners are announced!