The QWF Mentorship program is designed to help promising emerging writers
Over a period of four months (February to May), each mentee gets one-on-one guidance and support from a professional writing mentor. At the end of the mentorship period, there is a public
Mentors are expected to devote 35 to 40 hours to reading and responding to their protégé’s work and giving guidance towards the goal of publication or production. Mentees are expected to commit a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per month to the program.
2019 mentorship pairs
- Daniel Canty is mentoring Carla Stewart (fiction)
- Anna Leventhal is mentoring Anya Leibovitch (fiction)
- Shelagh Plunkett is mentoring Joanne Latimer (nonfiction)
- Shannon Webb-Campbell is mentoring Claudia Janampa Huamán (poetry)
- Raquel Rivera is mentoring Heather Leighton (young adult fiction)
- Gerald Wexler is mentoring Ashley Duong (screenwriting)
The next call for applications to be a mentee, or to become a mentor, will open in August.
Upcoming eventsJuly events & workshops › Mentorship Reading
- No matching events listed under Mentorship Reading. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.