Writers in CEGEPs 2020-2021
Deadline: Tuesday August 4, 2020
Writers who have already been approved for the Writers in CEGEPs program do not need to reapply, but they must adapt their activities for online delivery in 2020-2021.
The Quebec Writers’ Federation invites applications from published English-language writers to participate in the Writers-in-CEGEPs program financed by the Government of Québec.
To participate, writers must live in Quebec and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- at least one book published with a recognized publisher;
- at least five texts published in recognized (peer-edited) journals (print or online);
- at least one screenplay for cinema or television produced by a producer recognized by the CALQ or SODEC;
- at least one dramatic work either published by a recognized publisher or performed by a professional company.
All activities must be delivered online, at least for the onset of the 2020-2021 academic year. Participating writers receive a total honorarium of $500 per day for readings and lectures or writing workshops, $400 per day for meetings and discussions, or $200 for participation in a roundtable.
To participate in the Writers in CEGEPs program, you must be entered in the current repertoire. To apply for the repertoire, please submit the following documents in line with the process described below:
Please note that meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee that you will be accepted.
1. Log onto the Submittable form. Create a Submittable profile if you do not already have one.
2. Upload the following two documents:
2.1. A single PDF file that contains the following:
- Your literary c.v. (maximum 2 pages), including a description of your literary work; any work, projects, or personal background that are relevant to your writing; and relevant experience in mentoring, teaching, or facilitating creative writing or related activities.
- A description of your proposed ONLINE activities including whether you prefer lectures and readings, writing workshops, meetings/discussions, or roundtable discussions; what literary and pedagogical activities your visit might include; your pedagogical and/or presentation approach; and any specifically appropriate courses or units.
- Any other biographical or critical material a CEGEP might use to promote your visit (e.g. reviews, interviews, links, etc.).
2.2 A single PDF file that includes a minimum of 25 pages of your published work from books or articles.
The submission period will close at 11:59 p.m on August 4, 2020.
A selection committee composed of writers and teachers familiar with the CEGEP milieu will review the material. Note that this application requires a brief outline of the proposed pedagogical literary classroom activities.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application at the end of the summer. Successful applicants will receive additional information at that time.
For more information, please write to us.