Deadline: Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Writers who have already been approved for the Writers in CEGEPS program do not need to reapply.
The Quebec Writers’ Federation invites applications from published English-language writers to participate in the Writers-in-CEGEPs program of Quebec’s Secrétariat à la politique linguistique.
To participate, writers must live in Quebec and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- at least one book published with a recognized publisher;
- at least five texts published in recognized (peer-edited) journals (print or online);
- at least one screenplay for cinema or television produced by a producer recognized by the CALQ or SODEC;
- at least one dramatic work either published by a recognized publisher or performed by a professional company.
Participating writers receive a total honorarium of $500 per day for readings and lectures or writing workshops, $400 per day for meetings and discussions, or $200 for participation in a roundtable.
To participate in the Writers-in-CEGEPs program, you must be entered in the current repertoire.
If you are not currently in the repertoire and you want to apply, please log into the QWF Submittable webpage, where you can complete the application form and upload a pdf that includes a minimum of 25 pages of your published work from books or articles.
If you are not currently in the repertoire and you want to apply:
1. Log into Submittable.com. Create a Submittable profile if you do not already have one.
2. Complete the application form.
3. Upload a pdf file that includes a minimum of 25 pages of your published work from books or articles.
The submission period will close at 11:59 on June 25, 2019.
A selection committee composed of writers and teachers familiar with the CEGEP milieu will review the material. Note that this application requires a brief outline of the proposed pedagogical literary classroom activities.