QWF Seeks Coordinator, Membership Services and Communications
The Quebec Writers’ Federation seeks an organized, positive, and detail-oriented person to assist the Executive Director in day-to-day management of the organization and to assume responsibility for membership services and communications. This person will also work with the executive director to plan and execute strategies for recruiting, developing, and serving QWF members.
This is a full-time position (10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 5 days a week) with occasional evening and weekend events to attend. The successful candidate will be the “face” of the organization, answering phone calls and serving as a resource for QWF members.
Primary administrative responsibilities:
- Responding to email inquiries, walk-ins to the QWF office, answering phones and handling mail.
- Maintaining the QWF membership and donation database (Salesforce CRM platform).
- Providing general administrative support for the executive director on an as-needed basis.
- Preparing book shipments to awards jurors twice a year.
Primary communications and web-related responsibilities:
- Creating and delivering communications strategies for each of QWF’s major projects and campaigns, including creating content, scheduling, and messaging across the various communications platforms: QWF website (WordPress), newsletters (Mailchimp), and social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Compiling monthly digital e-newsletter and e-notices; managing email marketing platform (Mailchimp) and distribution lists.
- Researching and maintaining up-to-date mailing lists.
- Creating original content and news posts for QWF’s website (qwf.org).
- Maintaining and updating the organization’s design collateral for website and related program branding (e.g. logos, business cards, signage, banner, etc.).
- Designing event flyers or posters on as-needed basis.
- Liaising with the editors of QWF Writes and carte blanche to support new blogposts and issues.
- Managing and updating the QWF Hire-A-Writer directory (hireawriter.ca)
- Reviewing and adding submissions to the community events calendar.
- Setting up contest submission forms on cloud-based submissions manager (Submittable.com).
- Appointing and overseeing moderators of Facebook Community Page.
- Delivering a Communications Report to the QWF Board twice yearly to keep them up to date on website and social media impacts.
- Uploading QWF Workshops to the QWF website twice a year; managing workshop registration, payments, refunds, and pertinent correspondence.
- Providing organizational support for the Membership Committee, membership events, and Shut Up and Write! writing sessions.
- Creating PowerPoint presentation for annual awards gala (in coordination with executive director and gala program designer).
- Attending various QWF events and occasional external events as a QWF representative.
- Assisting the executive director in the coordination, planning, and execution of special events (e.g, annual awards gala and mentorship reading)
Because we are a writers’ organization, this position requires the ability to write, edit, and proofread your own documents for accuracy and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. In addition, the position requires confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive issues with tact.
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- Good command of spoken and written French
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, WordPress, PowerPoint; experience with Salesforce, Mailchimp, and Submittable are definite assets)
- Ability to work autonomously, and in collaboration with the executive director
Additional desirable skills:
- Ability to design and coordinate production of promotional material using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (or online equivalents)
- Understanding of SEO
- Knowledge of the English-language literary community of Quebec
Salary commensurate with experience and skills.
Hourly rate between $16 and $18 per hour.
Deadline for applications: November 13, 2019
Start date: December 2, 2019 (office closes for two weeks starting December 23)
Please send a one-page (maximum) letter of interest and c.v. to email@example.com.
TIP: Be sure to address the qualifications enumerated above (e.g., specific computer skills, knowledge of French, etc.)