The Quebec Writers’ Federation is seeking a part-time coordinator to work on the 2021-2022 StoryScaping project. The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating with and acting as a liaison between the six participating workshop leaders and representatives from community organizations across Quebec to ensure the smooth delivery – online or in person – of 12 workshops during the 2021-2022 season.
The coordinator will take over the project in September 2021, mid-project, so several of the fall workshops have already been scheduled. The contract will continue through the end of March 2022, with the possibility of renewal.
The StoryScaping Project
Through this project, the Quebec Writers’ Federation will offer twelve writing workshops, selected from six different options, for English-speaking youth and seniors throughout the province. Workshops will be delivered online until further notice but may resume in person before the end of the period if circumstances allow. Community organizations interested in participating can request one of six workshops to offer, free of charge, to members of their community.
The goal of the six StoryScaping workshops is to give participants in isolated or underserved communities an opportunity to connect and to shape (or “scape”) their personal stories through wordplay and experimentation. The focus is on giving participants a chance to share their stories, document their lives, and read or perform their creative work.
Working under the supervision of the QWF executive director, the coordinator will:
- Receive and respond to all requests for information about the StoryScaping project and requests to set up workshops from community organizations.
- Act as liaison between community organizations and requested workshop leaders to set up and finalize all details for workshops, including dates and times of sessions; arrangements for travel or online setup; distribution of evaluation forms; ongoing communications before, during, and after workshops take place.
- Update StoryScaping web page as needed (WordPress).
- Track status of 12 workshops and inform QWF executive director immediately of any problems.
- Debrief with all facilitators at the end of the project.
- Present a detailed final report.
The project coordinator will also work in conjunction with the QWF communications coordinator to promote the StoryScaping project widely within the province as needed.
If the contract is renewed for 2022-2023, the coordinator will also participate in the call for new workshop proposals and the selection of participating workshop leaders.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Experience maintaining a WordPress website
- Experience with Mailchimp
Specs & Timeline
Total number of hours: 45
Hourly rate: $35.00
Deadline for applications: August 22, 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Please send a c.v. and a one-page letter of interest indicating your relevant background and what makes you the right person for the job to email@example.com mentioning “StoryScaping Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
QWF actively seeks to maximize diversity in its staff, part-time employees, membership, and board of directors. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, and encourage Indigenous persons, persons of colour, LGBTQ+ and gender-nonconforming persons, persons with disabilities, women, and members of any other marginalized group to self‐identify if they are comfortable doing so.