The Quebec Writers’ Federation condemns racism. We hear and support those who are on the front lines fighting injustice.
Anti-Blackness is systemic and exists in Quebec and Canada. What can we do with our heartbreak and outrage? As writers, we know that words matter. So do actions. QWF will use our platforms and advocacy position to promote works, activities, and resources by Black writers in Quebec and beyond. We encourage all our members to read and purchase books by Black authors. Let’s educate ourselves about anti-Black racism. Support Black-owned bookstores and bookstores donating profits to anti-racist causes. And for your other purchases, consider looking first to Black-owned businesses.
- #BlackLivesMTLSyllabus by author Robyn Maynard
- Twitter thread initiated by the Festival of Literary Diversity
- 10 Recent Books on Racism in Canada and the U.S.
- How to Be an Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi
- White Debt by Eula Biss
- Sunshine Behavioral Health — Black Mental Health Matters Resource Page
- More Black-owned businesses