Please read the entire page before preparing your application.
The call for applications for the 2020-2021 academic year is now closed. The next call for applications will most likely be in the late spring/summer of 2021.
For CEGEP teachers
Attention: Funds for this program are limited, and may run out before the end of the academic year. It is the CEGEP representative’s responsibility to ensure that funds are available before finalizing the writer’s invitation. To do so, send the application form in at least one month before the visit and make sure you receive written confirmation from UNEQ that the visit will be paid for.
- Contact the author you would like to invite to determine his or her availability. There is a directory of approved English-language writers. Only the writers in the directory may participate in this program.
- Fill out the application form
- At least one month before the scheduled visit, send the application form by email or by fax to UNEQ
- You will receive an email within a week of the receipt of your request telling you whether it has been approved. Notify the writer right away.
- If the funding is available and your request is approved, UNEQ will send documents (confirmation, forms, rules for Reimbursement for Travel and Lodging Costs) directly to the writer.
- After the visit, complete the “Evaluation by the CEGEPs” (there will be a link to this form in the letter of acceptance from UNEQ).
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current public health situation, all Writers in CEGEPs classroom visits will take place virtually, via Zoom, for the foreseeable future.
Prospective and approved writers must be able to adapt their visits accordingly.